New Moon Retreat at Tamazirt by Amayour
Fantastic Yoga Retreat!
I did a yoga retreat at the Tamazirt by Amayour location in the hills above Taghazout, the Atlantic shining at us from the terrace. It's a beautiful space and I just loved the decor and the terrace. Warmer blankets for winter would be nice but otherwise it was perfect. We had an excellent chef and assistant, they took fantastic care of us. I highly recommend this place for yoga. The yoga room is lovely and has everything you need.
Nice Hostel Close to the Beach.
The Amayour hostel is a nice hostel close to the beach. We had a private room which was situated on the terrace and it was suprisingly quiet. Sadly the room and the bed were badly affected by humidity. We took a Yoga and a surf class and we liked both of them a lot. Also the breakfast was fantastic and really nice as we had it on the terrace as well. Recommended!
This is quite possibly one of the best places I’ve ever stayed. The village of Taghazout is really sweet and the views are amazing. But the hostel itself, I cannot rave enough about it. The staff were so friendly and helpful, they made it feel like we were all friends spending time together but were always there to help when you needed it. Communal breakfasts and dinners were great and it really came to feel like a family type of environment, especially because of the small size of the hostel. I cannot wait to go back!
GOODBYE WINTER, HELLO SPRING!
We're celebrating spring equinox with a five-night New Moon Yoga Retreat led by Bianca Capstick at Tamazirt by Amayour. Think of this retreat as a spring cleaning for the soul and an awakening of the senses as we welcome the arrival of spring in the sunny surroundings of Morocco.
The spring equinox represents new light and life, new beginnings, seeds and paths so we will use twice-daily yoga practices, sun, surf, meditation, workshops and good food to let go of the old and make space for the new.
New Moon Yoga Retreats run from Saturday to Thursday and include up to 10 yoga practices and in-depth yoga workshops. To ensure yoga remains accessible, co-owners Shiraz Ksaiba and and M’hand Naciri have designed a programme and the retreat centre to fit all budgets with the option to share a dorm room or opt for a private room with a daytrip including in the price.
Start the day with a yoga practice on the top terrace with panoramic views over the rolling countryside and end with an evening restorative class while enjoying the silence that reigns over the village. A shala protects yogis from the elements while the fresh air and gentle breezes are refreshing and rejuvenating. Yogamatters mats, bolsters, eye pillows and blocks are provided.
Bianca CapstickCore Subject: ISA Accrediated Teacher
From our doorstep, guests can set off on guided hikes through the countryside where life the kindness and generosity of the local people cannot be beat. In the distance, shepherds graze their herds, the muezzin calls the prayer from the tiny mosque sat on the hill opposite Tamazirt by Amayour, and a local hammam nearby is perfect for a scrub.
Saturday 16 March
- 4 p.m. Opening Circle
- 5 p.m. Yin/Yang Grounding full body practice
We open the retreat with a full body flow, balanced with some grounding yin poses to help us arrive in the space.
Slowly we will wake up the energy lines in the body, connect to our breath and the space around us, and get open up to the journey ahead.
Sunday 17 March ~ Earth Day
- 8 a.m. Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice into the element Earth
- 5 p.m. Ground down with restorative lower body Yin
The practices on day one will be about opening up the back body, working into the hamstrings, and the element earth.
Strong, steady flows with focuses on forward folds and balances ~ with a few twists added in to create heat, space and a more dynamic element to the practice.
Monday 18 March ~ Water Day
- 8 a.m. Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice into the element Water
- 5 p.m. Dive deep with lower body Yin
On our second day we move up through the elements to our hips, where we will connect to the element Water.
Fluid free moving creatively sequenced flows with options for arm balances and inversions as we work deep with the strength yet softness of water.
Tuesday 19 March ~ Fire Day
- 8 a.m. Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice into the element Fire
- 3 p.m. (optional) Abundance + Manifestation Workshop
- 5 p.m. Spiral through the centre of the body with a Yin practice focused on twists
Day three sees us fire up our the centre of our being as we honour the element fire.
Expect twists, side body opening and activating the core with inspiring and transformational practices as we spiral round the mat and move with strength.
Fire is connected to our drive and willpower so there will be an optional manifestation workshop in the afternoon so that we can build on some of the tools needed to make our ambitions happen - and set our feet on the right path.
Wednesday 20 March ~ Air Day
- 8 a.m. Dynamic Vinyasa Flow Practice into the element Air
- 4 p.m. Closing Circle
- 5 p.m. Open the heart with a back bend focused Yin practice
The last full day of the practice carries the lightness of the element air, heart opening and back bends.
We move with light and love around the mat, to open up the front body and enjoy the exhilaration and courage it takes to move through a spectrum of backbends.
Thursday 21 March
- 8 a.m. Yin/Yang full body practice
We close the retreat with a full body flow, balanced with some grounding yin poses to help prepare us stay connected on our journeys home; ensuring we take what we’ve learned with us so that the work we’ve done begins, rather than stop, when the retreat ends.
- Two Double Rooms With En-Suite Bathroom
- One Double Room With Shared Bathroom
- One Triple Room With Shared Bathroom
- Dorm-Style Space For Up To Six Guests Complete With Storage Space
- Two Bathrooms Are Located On The Main Floor And One On The Rooftop Terrace.
- The Rooms Are Equipped With Fine Linens, Bath Towels And Toiletries.
Food & Accommodation Gallery
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and tea station with fresh fruit are provided throughout the retreat.
Chefs reside on-site during our retreats and are carefully selected to ensure menus are of the highest quality. Meals are served communal style and vegan and gluten-free meals can be arranged.
What Makes This Program Special?
TAMAZIRT BY AMAYOUR is a place to practice yoga and meditate, but also to unwind on the rooftop terrace while watching life in the local Amazigh village of Agouni unfold, to laze by the pool during warm afternoons, to indulge in locally sourced menus, and gaze at the stars as night falls.
- Fresh And Wild Modern Moroccan Meals With Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner And Snacks Included. Contact Us For Vegan And Gluten-Free Options
- 90-Minute Morning Flow
- 90-Minute Evening Restorative Class
- Yogic Events Such As A Guided Practice To Meditation, Mindful Walks
- Use Of Swimming Pool
- Guided Tour Of Agadir Souk Mid Stay
- Extra Excursions Such As Surfing And Paradise Valley Can Be Added.
- One-Way Airport Transfer From Agadir Airport Or Bus Station To Tamazirt By A.M.Ayour
- If You’re Arriving Via Marrakech Or Essaouira, Contact Us For Participant Rates
- Yoga.Matters Mats, Bolsters, Eye Pillows & Blocks
- Retreat Runs From Saturday – Thursday. If You Wish To Extend Your Stay In Taghazout, Extra Nights Can Be Added At Our Sister Property, Amayour Surf Hostel
TAMAZIRT BY AMAYOUR
Spread over three floors and with capacity for up to 15 guests, co-owners Shiraz Ksaiba and and M’hand Naciri mix Amazigh knowledge and a London eye for style to create a stylish yoga retreat centre tucked away in the hills near Taghazout, Morocco.
Daily meals are shared on the rooftop terrace with uninterrupted views of the sunset and the sound of the call to the prayer from the nearby mosque. Most guests sleep on the main level where there’s a snug sitting area for unwinding with a cup of tea or a bit of journaling and reflection.
Nearby the heated pool with lounge chairs and parasols provide the perfect spot for a swim or poolside lounging with a good read under the warm African sun.